- all abstracts are now online. You need to login to the website, to see the link to the PDF-files.
- a "Book of Abstract" is also available for download after login - please note that we will not hand out a printed book due to environmental reasons!
- contributions, which your are interested in, can be put in your private LikeBox to have an overview, which talks and posters you would like to visit. Again, this functionality is only available if you have logged in to the website.
- in good time before the conference you will receive a voucher by email. This voucher will contain important information, like how to find the registration desk, information about your presentation (if you are presenting), logincodes to the university WLAN, and more
- you - as registered participant - will be the jury for the poster prizes. Nomination will be done via the website, and you will be able to give 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 points to contributions of poster session 1 and again for poster session 2 (so you can nominate 10 posters in total). But please consider, that you are not allowed to judge for contributions, where any of the authors belongs to the same institution where you belong to!
If you will arrive lately on Sunday and thus cannot pickup your badge at the registration desk (we close by 6pm on Sunday), but you would like to attend the welcome mixer at the "Rathaus", please drop us a note, so that we can put your name on our list, to guarantee the security will let you through anyway.
- the official opening hours of the registration and information desk are:
Sunday, September 3, 15:30 to 18:00
Monday, September 4, 8:30 to 17:30
Tuesday, September 5, 8:45 to 17:30
Wednesday, September 6, 8:45 to 17:45
Thursday, September 7, 9:45 to 14:00
At other times (or if the desk is not manned uplanned), please contact either someone with an orange T-Shirt or (better) someone with orange hair ....
- you must wear your name badge (which will handed out at the registration) during all events, since this is your entrance key to the scientific or social activities! If you lose your badge (or forget it in the hotel), please contact the registration desk
- a certificate of attendance (digitally signed) will be sent to you by email the day after your registration, if you are giving a presentation as well, then the day after your presentation, since the certificate contains also that information. If you need a rubber stamped and signed hardcopy of a certificate please contact the registration desk (not later than Wednesday).
- more information will follow soon (like about tickets for the Vienna Transport System) ....
Vienna has a well-developed public transport network. Busses, trains, trams and underground lines will take you almost anywhere in the city in no time at all. Tickets are valid on all public transport services in the core zone of Vienna (=city boundary, please note, that tickets are not valid at airport busses, the Westbahn train and the City Airport Train (CAT).
Since the Airport VIE is outside the core zone, you need an additional zone ticket.
How to get from the Airport to the conference venue
If you are in a hurry you can take a taxi, this should be a ride of 30 minutes and with estimated costs of about € 45,--
The best option would be to take the train to Vienna. Trains will leave at least every 30 minutes, but since there are more options, the interval is much lower.
- If you take the a local train like "S7" or "REX7", then you have to go to "Wien Mitte-Landstrasse", where you have to switch over to the underground line U4 and you will reach station "Karlsplatz" in 2 stopps
- If you take an express train like "RJX..." or "D...", then you will go to "Wien Hauptbahnhof", where you have to switch over to the underground line U1, and will again reach station "Karlsplatz" in 2 stopps
- Take care that you do not take the CAT - Vienna city tickets are not valid on this train!
You can buy your ticket at the ticket machines at the airport, just enter "Wien Karlsplatz" as your destination. It should be € 4,40 (for 2 zones).
How to get from the main railway station to the conference venue
Just take the underground U1 to station "Karlsplatz", 2 stopps
You can buy a ticket at the ticket machines, you will need a "single trip", this should be € 2,40
What kind of tickets are available in Vienna?
Most tickets can be bought online as well, please visit the ticketshop
Single trip (Einzelfahrt): € 2,40 for one trip, of course you can change the line. Please note that you will have to stamp this ticket at the start of your travel (at the blue boxes in the underground station, or in the tramway/bus). At the ticket machines you can buy up to 5 tickets in advance, since there are no ticket machines in tramways or busses.
Day-Ticket Vienna (1 Tag Wien): € 5,80 for all trips within Vienna on one day (00:00 until 01:00 of the following day)
24/48/72 hours Vienna (24/48/72 Stunden Wien): € 8,00/14,10/17,10 for all trips within Vienna during 24/48/72 hours
7 days Vienna (7 Tage Wien): € 17,10 for all trips within 7 days
Please consider that you need at least one single trip ticket back from the Conference Dinner on Wednesday, and maybe additional 2 single trip tickets for the Welcome Mixer (to the Rathaus, and afterwards back to your hotel, unless you plan to walk). If you need a ticket from the hotel to the conference venue depends on the location of your hotel.